Friday, August 6, 2010

The Call of Redstone

Today was a great day when it comes to promoting my website HireMeAspen.com. I awoke to the news that my business had a pretty big write up in the Aspen Daily News; you can view the article here. Between this article and my Buzz on 82 show appearance last Friday, I feel like the snowball has finally started rolling. And, the best news? Sales are starting to trickle in.
But I'm not resting on my laurels by any means. Today, I kept true to my plan to start promoting the business and my Partner Program to potential partners. After all, my hard-working locals will need to save money too!

My gameplan led me to Redstone, CO, the "Ruby of the Rockies." Ahhhhhh...you gotta love the meandering drive to Redstone!


It's important that I reiterate the fact that HireMeAspen is for all Roaring Fork Valley locals, not just Aspenites. So, although I already have 23 partners signed up to date, I decided to start my sales pitches to businesses located in the outskirts. Of course, it's not hard to sell a Silver Partner Program that lets a business support the hard-working locals and get more business traffic at the same time...all for free ;) !

I also want to make sure I take great photos from all over this valley. Photos for future reference in future blogs. Photos to help promote my partner businessess. Photos just for me.
So, with each stop I made on foot, I also took pics of the business I was pitching.

Here's a sneak peek of some cool sights to see (of course, you'll notice the first pic is of the Redstone museum that was just so big, I just couldn't make my way through the entire thing!):




It was quite a successful day in Redstone. It was such a delight meeting all the local businesses in Redstone ~ introducing myself and spreading the word.

I plan to start announcing all of my partners with a bunch of fanfare in my blog/email/facebook/twitter updates once The Hive goes live this week and all my new profiled members have their membership card in hand.

In the meantime, I suggest you plan a day trip to Redstone. It's a great escape from the daily grind!