Friday, August 6, 2010

Three Week Update

It's been three weeks now since HireMeAspen officially launched, and I hit the town promoting it. Boy, have I already learned a lot about website launches!

I guess the biggest blessing so far is the fact that being small allows me to be agile.  I can turn on a dime. This is crucial -- being able to turn on a dime.  It's also refreshing considering the corporate game I used to play.

In just three weeks, I've learned from the marketplace that a Business Profile will play a role in my success. I've also learned, quickly, about the role social  media marketing and advertising will play, especially considering my "local" aspect.  Thank God for Facebook Ads; advertising this way lets me target locally, and I know it works from all the feedback I'm getting.


Gameplan: Phase 1 ~ Filling Up Database of Workers

To date, we have about 55 unique profiles equalling 700+ cross-reference profiles in our database. My goal is to get to 100 uniques by the end of the month. Agressive? Yes. But doable if I really hustle! I've got to keep the momentum going, and hopefully with the press release being distributed tomorrow, friends of friends finding out about the site, and your continued support...we'll get there with ease.

Gameplan: Phase 2 ~Targeting Partners

Once I reach the first goal of 100 unique profiles in my database, I can begin to focus new efforts on Phase 2, which is targeting Silver and Gold partners. You can view details about our Partner Program here. We've got about 20 silver partners already signed up to date which is better than awesome! Once The Hive (the worker bee / members-only area of the website) is launched at the end of July, members will be able to see the Silver partner offers listed in The Honeycomb. First week of August, I'll start sending out membership cards so workers can take advantage of these offers and start saving money!

I've formulated an exciting value for the Gold partners: creating an irresistable promotion package consisting of a business profile for workers AND hirers to see, unique promotional opportunities with other partners in the valley, advertising options, social media marketing, and much, much more. Stay tuned....more exciting things to come for the Gold Partners.

And I've already met so many wonderful, interesting and supportive locals! I'm finding that Facebook is a great way to generate brand awareness, so I've been playing around with several versions of targeted ads -- It's fun to see the results! Lots of people come up to me indicating that they've seen my logo around town....from our gorilla marketing efforts of blanketing parking lots with info cards to community board flyers to hats and signage. This feedback is great considering no press, no advertising, yet.

Spread the Word

If you're reading this post via FB/Twitter - please retreet/resend it to your friends. Help me spread the word so I can help the hard-working locals. Tell your friends/business partners we're looking for sponsors! HireMeAspen is just what the locals need, and I'm going to make it happen!

I'm jazzed for success -- defined by locals getting hired, making money, saving money, getting connected and having fun! Thanks for being part of the HireMeAspen community, which serves the entire Roaring Fork Valley.

Let's get this snowball rolling!