Friday, August 6, 2010

My Bio via Lady GaGa

I'm 46.  Actually, let me clarify.  I just turned 46 this month, so I'm "newly" 46.  No need to age myself since the mirror has that job cornered.

I guess this is the year when all that career experience and those work connections start to come together in a meaningful way.  I may be late to the game.  Or I may be early.  Who knows?  What I do know is that people keep asking me for my bio.

My publicist was the first to request my bio.  Hmmmmmm......I think I'll google "bio."

Low and behold, I find myself reading Lady Gaga's bio.  Interesting.  She's only 24.  I guess I'm late to the game.  And she has "trade marks" such as her hair bow, futuristic outfits, and fans called "monsters." 

Let's see. My trademarks would be my ponytail (who has time for a haircut?),  my jeans (corporate exec turned resort local), and an old friend called "Monster Child" (sworn to secrecy on that one).  My trademarks aren't very GaGa-esque.

She also learned how to play the piano at age 4.  I learned how to play with crayons at age 4, does that count?

Something tells me I need to keep searching.  I did glean a few interesting tidbits from GaGa about having a few interesting tidbits.

I was invited to be on Erik Skarvan's "The Local's Show" (Grassroots TV) next Tuesday to promote my business.  He wants a bio.

And recently was invited to serve on the University of Denver’s Arts, Humanities and Social Studies Alumni Advisory Task Force.  They requested a bio today.

So for all you would be entrepreneurs, task forcers and/or tv guests, hope this helps get you started.  I created a short and a long bio.  Here's the short bio plus the "interesting tidbits" from my long bio.

My (almost 100 words) Bio:

Constance E. Hammond, 46, is the founder and CEO of Sharing Profiles, an internet startup where users post profiles to meet specific needs. This business consists of resort-based websites, such as the recently launched HireMeAspen.com. Other websites planned include MentorMeAlumni.com and HireMeAlumni.com.

A self-proclaimed “Idea Woman,” Connie loves all things creative: brainstorming (with friends or clients), writing (an avid blogger and journalist), and art (graduating in 2002 from NYU’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies - Fine and Decorative Arts Program as well as studying art in NYC, Chicago, Minneapolis and Aspen).

Prior to Sharing Profiles, Connie was Director of Media Sales at Dow Jones where she received the 2007 Pinnacle Award for Sales Excellence.

Interesting Tidbits

- Her first dog, Sandy, “talked.” Her last dog, a black lab named Scarlett, now lives with her ex. Her next dog is coming soon!

- Her favorite travel destination is the Villa Mangiacane Resort outside of Florence, Italy in Tuscany.

- She followed the Tour de France, by car, for her 40th birthday.

- She eloped for only $299 in 1994 in Gatlinburg, TN. Her amicable divorce cost the same amount 9 years later.

- She recently bought a guitar and is looking forward to finding her rhythm.

- Her favorite museum is a tie between the Musee D’Orsay in Paris or The Met in NYC.

- She is a big fan of integrity.

- Her nieces and nephews and all her friends’ kids call her Aunt CoCo.

- The person who most influenced her life is her dad, who has an amazingly positive spirit in spite of his paralysis when he was 20.

- She lives by the motto (at least most of the time): “Let Go and Let God.”

- Her best feature, in her opinion, is her square-mouthed smile because it means she’s laughing.

- Her personal motto? “I may not be the ideal woman, but I am an “idea woman.”

- In spite of outward appearances, she meditates.

- Her incredible friendships and family are what she cherishes most in life.