Friday, August 6, 2010

Divine Intervention - another great story

So, during this morning's meditation, I asked for the right people to come into my life at the right time. I told that dreaded bully named FEAR to step aside, b/c I'll have none of it. I'm driving this HireMeAspen train, and I will reach my destination with TRUST and SURRENDER as my co-pilots.

I decided to head up to one of my favorite work spots: Saxy's in Basalt, to really crank out some work b/c I have tons to do. With coffee in hand and laptop up and running, I started in. No more than 5 minutes had passed before some nice woman, who had observed my huge logo strategically placed on the back of my laptop screen for all to see, came up and asked "are you affiliated wtih HireMeAspen?"

I said, "Yes, I'm the owner, how can I help you? Do you want a free profile?"
She introduced herself as Lynn Aliya, the host of "Buzz on 82" grassroots tv program. It appears that one of her guests for this Friday had just cancelled and she was looking for a new interview, and she wants to interview me and my business this Friday morning. So, I'm officially booked for my first publicity gig this week, and the press releases just went out yesterday! Coincidentally, or not, she'd just asked for Divine guidance re: finding someone to interview.
I explained the site, and I think we'll also be partnering together on my Gold Partner Program...another value ad (tv advertising discount) coming to my "goldies" I hope.
I'm really excited to see the snowball starting to roll. I'm even more excited about meeting a super nice, new friend: Lynn Aliya!

And I'm thrilled that I'm staying in the now vs. fretting over the future; otherwise, opportunities like this may just pass me by.